Founder- Conductor Judith Land BEM FRSA MA, FRSA, MA, LWCMD, QTS.
- Judith was born and raised in Cwmbran and left the South Wales Valley to follow a teaching career in Worcestershire and Warwickshire. She was Head of Music at several High Schools and examiner for a variety of GCSE/A Level examination boards. She continues in Education as an External Moderator/ Examiner for Performance Skills and Music Technology for the National Council of Further Education.
- She was awarded the British Empire Medal in the New Year Honour’s list 2014 for her services to music in the Alcester community and is a life member of the Royal Society of Arts.
- Founder-Director of Music of Alcester Male Voice Choir which is her passion.
- Studied at the Royal Welsh College of Music Drama and University of Central England, Birmingham
- Freelance Conductor with experience of a variety of BBC Radio programmes, carols for BBC Country File filmed at Ragley Hall, Alcester and artistic conductor for Alcester Festival of Remembrance
- Guest Speaker to groups of people interested in her musical journey including Alcester Male Voice Choir
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org mo: 07886139781
Accompanist Elliott Rooney BA, Dip. ABRSM (performance)
- Elliott joined AMVC as an accompanist in January 2010.
- He started playing the piano at the age of 6, and studied classical piano under Derek Lawrence until he was 18.
- His interest in jazz started when he joined the Warwickshire youth jazz orchestra as a pianist when he was 16.
- He studied Music at Exeter University and played with the university jazz orchestra and numerous jazz quartets in and outside the university and was awarded the Thomas Beecham scholarship.
- He is a teacher, freelance musician and has formed his own band
The Choir is also grateful to Andrew Bland and Christine Jenkins for accompanying the choir.
Outside St George's Chapel, Windsor
Near the precinct in Windsor Castle.
Alcester High Street
Alcester Town Hall
Symphony Hall, Birmingham
Eden Project, Cornwall
- We rehearse every Weds in Jubilee Centre, Alcester at 7.30pm (also optional Monday evenings 8-9.30pm)
- We are encouraged by our audiences who tell us that they enjoy our choice of programmes and that we perform with energy, passion and enthusiasm!
- We raise thousands of pounds for charities each year making our performances very meaningful. There is no fee for engaging the conductor or choir but there is a nominal fee for engaging the accompanist and transporting equipment
- We maintain a stable number of 80+ choristers in the choir.
- We offer opportunities to very many young talented singers and encourage amateur performers to work along the side of professional performers
- We have sung with well known soloists including Craig Yates, Katherine Jenkins, Dame Shirley Bassey and Willard White and well known choirs The London Welsh MVC, Morriston Orpheus, Pontarddulais, Llanelli, Treorchy, Dunvant, Dowlais etc.
- Concert venues have included, local venues in Alcester, Redditch and surrounding areas, St George’s Chapel Windsor, Ely and Worcester Cathedrals, Pershore Abbey, Burton on Trent Town Hall, Ragley Hall, Symphony Hall (Birmingham), Cardiff Arms Park, Tabernacle Church (Swansea), NEC, the Town Hall (Birmingham) and the Royal Albert Hall.
- In addition to many venues in the Midlands, concert tours to Cornwall, Germany, Austria, Spain, Italy, France and Belgium have been successful.