Founder- Conductor Judith Land BEM, FRSA, MA, LWCMD, QTS.
Judith was born and raised in Cwmbran and left the South Wales Valley to follow a teaching career in Worcestershire and Warwickshire after studying at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. She was Head of Music at several High Schools and an examiner for a variety of GCSE/A Level examination awards. Her professional development has continued overtime at a number of Educational Institutions, and she is a life member of the Royal Society of Arts.
In addition to adjudicating at a number of festivals her conducting experiences extend into the Community from radio and TV programmes to Artistic Director of Music for Alcester Festival of Remembrance for nearly 20 years.
Her lifelong passion as the Founder-Director of Alcester Male Voice Choir which became the extension of her school choir, has brought together people from all walks of life and circumstances to demonstrate the power of feeling connected, and underpin a sense of belonging, identity, camaraderie and wellbeing.
People of all ages are fascinated by the AMVC Story and as a guest speaker, Judith is always happy to share her musical journey with organisations within the community, teachers, students and research scholars.
In 2014 she was awarded the British Empire Medal for her services to music in the Alcester community.
If you are interested in joining the choir or visiting us to see us in action, please contact email@example.com or mob: 07886139781 so that a pack of music can be prepared for you.
Domonkos Csabay is a Hungarian pianist based in the UK since 2015.
He is a soloist, accompanist, performs as a chamber musician, and has performed in many countries, and many prestigious venues in the UK including Symphony Hall and the Queen Elizabeth Hall in London. His versatility is well illustrated by diverse competition successes: besides winning the Brant International Piano Competition in 2016, prizes won as a composer in Romania and as member of a Lied duo in Wales. At the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, his interest towards collaborative pianism led him to continue studying for an Advanced Postgraduate Diploma in répétiteurship under Paul Wingfield and Robin Bowman. Domonkos was selected become an accompanist at Samling Institute for Young Artists.
|Tanya Avchinnikova||Both Tanya and An are very talented students from the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire and we are indebted to them for supporting us.||Chia-An Tung|
The Choir is also grateful to Christine Jenkins for accompanying the choir during Monday rehearsals.
Outside St George's Chapel, Windsor
Near the precinct in Windsor Castle.
Alcester High Street
Alcester Town Hall
Symphony Hall, Birmingham
Eden Project, Cornwall
- Rehearsals are on Weds in the Eric Payne Community Centre, St Faith’s Road, Alcester at 7.30pm (also optional Monday evenings 8-9.30pm). Visitors are very welcome. For more details phone 07886139781
- We are encouraged by our audiences who tell us that they enjoy our choice of programmes and that we perform with energy, passion and enthusiasm!
- Thousands of pounds are raised for charities each year making our performances very meaningful. There is no fee for engaging the conductor or choir but there is a nominal fee for engaging the accompanist and transporting equipment
- We maintain a stable number of 80+ choristers in the choir.
- We offer opportunities to very many young talented singers and encourage amateur performers to work along the side of professional performers
- We have sung with popular soloists including Craig Yates, Katherine Jenkins, Dame Shirley Bassey and Willard White and well known choirs The London Welsh MVC, Morriston Orpheus, Pontarddulais, Llanelli, Treorchy, Dunvant, Dowlais, Australian Welsh MVC, Karl Johan Koret Sandgrenska Manskoren and the Royal Artillery Band, the Band of the Welsh Guards and the Band of the Royal Corps of Signals.
- Concert venues have included, local venues in Alcester, Redditch and surrounding areas, St George’s Chapel Windsor, Ely and Worcester Cathedrals, Pershore Abbey, Burton on Trent Town Hall, Ragley Hall, Symphony Hall (Birmingham), Cardiff Arms Park, Tabernacle Church (Swansea), NEC, the Town Hall (Birmingham) and the Royal Albert Hall.
- In addition to many venues in the Midlands, concert tours to Cornwall, Germany, Austria, Spain, Italy, France and Belgium have been successful.